Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Protector: Combination to Oily Skin in Light

I don't have the best skin. It's oily and sensitive, I break out in spots and then continue to have blemishes that seem to last for ever.

So as well as wanting a product that will cover my blemishes and even out my skin tone, I also need to take into account my skin type, and use products that are oil free. I also didn't want anything too heavy, especially in the hotter, summer months.

I picked up this BB Cream for £9.99 at Tesco, and I chose this one because it was specifically for oily skin. BB stands for Beauty or Blemish Balm. The best way I could describe what a BB Cream is, is a mixture between a tinted moistuiser and a foundation. I found it with all the moisturisers, as opposed to with the make up. It also has an SPF 20 which can only be a good thing.


I chose the colour Light because I don't have particularly dark skin and didn't want to look orange, even if there was only a little bit of colour in the cream. I hadn't tried it before so didn't really know what to expect.

I first noticed it has quite a thin consistency. I first tried applying this using a foundation brush, but found I could work it into my skin better, and get a more flawless look using my fingers. I rub a small amount in between my clean fingers, dab it around on my face and then work my way around my face and down my neck carefully rubbing it in.

The coverage is good and natural, it evens out my skin tone well, but I do need some concealer around the more prominent blemishes and to cover any under eye circles.

Bare Face
Garnier BB Cream 

BB Cream + concealer

I don't really like the packaging, because the screw top is difficult to replace with the cream on your hand, because if you tilt your hand to screw on the lid, the cream will run away. A pump or clicky lid would be better.

The colour does not last all day and you may need something with a little more coverage if you want more of an all day foundation look. It doesn't really bother me though.

Also, even though this BB Cream is designed for oily to combination skin, my skin can look oily after only a few hours, however I am yet to discover a foundation type product that keeps my oily skin at bay. I will always put a bit of powder on-top to keep the oiliness away for as long as possible and then throughout the day.

So, if you want a product with medium coverage, which is light on the skin, then a BB cream might be for you. There are lots of options out there, this was just the one that I tried.

Any questions, just ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment